Fruited Chicken Salad

June 20, 2017

Years ago I had a chicken croissant sandwich at a luncheon that was to die for!!

I love the recipe. It's calls for rotini pasta and the ingredients below on a croissant. ❤️❤️But recently, I tweaked the recipe to fit in with my container nutrition program...and it still tastes just as good.

Here's the "healthified" recipe, that doesn't include pasta. Also uses Greek yogurt instead of mayo and coleslaw dressing. Makes my mouth water just thinking about it! 😋😍

Fruited Chicken Salad
1 c chicken 🍗 
1/2 c Plain Greek yogurt
Black pepper, to taste
3 celery stalks, diced
1 unpeeled apple, diced 🍎 
1 cup of red grapes, halved 🍇 
1/2 c water chestnuts
1/2 c pineapple 🍍 
1/2 bunch green onions 
1/2 c cashews 

Mix all ingredients well.
Can serve on whole grain bread, crackers, or a bed of lettuce.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pages