So, what exactly is Shakeology? And can I lose weight with just Shakeology?

October 31, 2016

So, what exactly is Shakeology? 
Shakeology is a meal replacement protein and whole food nutrition supplement shake for you to include as one meal per day…and when I say “meal,” I’m talking one of your 5-6 small meals per day…it doesn’t have to be breakfast lunch or dinner.
Shakeology is densely packed with 70 ingredients including 23 vitamins and minerals…many of which I was purchasing separately as supplements and trying to remember to incorporate into my diet every day…and that can get tricky!
On the long list of ingredients you will see a protein blend including whey, Sacha Inchi, Chia, Flax, Quinoa, Amaranth, Brown Rice, and Pea. If you cannot have whey protein due to a dairy intolerance there is also a vegan formula that tastes great (Chocolate Vegan is my preference). Proteins are important for mental clarity, lean muscle building, improving skin and hair, and reducing cravings. The daily shake has 17 gram of protein per serving.
Next is the superfood blend where you will see Camu-Camu, Acai, Acerola Cherry, Bilberry, Goji Berry, Grape Seed, Green Tea, Lun Hao Guo, Pomegranate, and Rose Hips. These ingredients promote antioxidant support for a healthy immune system, heart, and optimal blood pressure among many more.
Next is the super-green/phytonutrient blend that includes Moringa, Chlorella, Spirulina, Spinach, Barley Grass, Kamut Grass, Wheat Grass, and Oat Grass. These phytonutrients make Shakeology unique and help to detoxify the liver, kidneys and your blood that help to restore your health.
There is also an adaptogen blend that helps protect your body from stress and will help to support your immune and endocrine systems. This blend includes Ashwagandha, Astragalus, Cordyceps, Ginkgo, Maca, Maitake, Reishi, Schisandra, Tulsi (Holy Basil). 
Lastly we will explore the pre and probiotic/digestive enzyme blend that helps your body better absorb the nutrients, will help improve digestion and help with digestive regularity. These ingredients are Yacon Root, Lactobacillus Sporogenes, Amylase, Cellulase, Lactase, Lipase, Protease, Bromelain, Papain.
As you can see as we dive into the list of Shakeology ingredients, it would be impossible to include all of these vitamins, supplements and superfood into your diet…and you would go broke in the process if you tried!
How Does Shakeology Taste?
The first time I tried Shakeology I didn’t love it…ok really didn’t like it much at all…but that was because I was making ALL WRONG. Since this is a meal replacement for me I do add to my shake for flavor and to keep me full. I usually make mine with a scoop of chocolate vegan Shakeology, a cup of unsweetened almond milk, half of a banana,  a teaspoon of natural peanut/almond butter, and 4-6 ice cubes (don’t skip the ice!). The key is to blend it WELL…for 30-40 seconds. If you don’t your shake might taste a little chalky and a little like vitamins.
I 100 percent can honestly say that now that I’ve learned how to make my shake, I love the way it tastes and look forward to it daily. I’m a chocolate fanatic so chocolate is easily my fav flavor for sure! Phil’s go to flavor is the vanilla.
Why do I Like It?
All of the health benefits are obviously one of the main reasons why I incorporate Shakeology into my diet each day, but there are a lot of other reasons why as well.
We spoke about the long list of ingredients in Shakeology and before I started working with Beachbody I would individually purchase and TRY to incorporate a lot of supplements into my diet. I bought a multi-vitamin, Chia, flax, protein powder, cacao powder, green tea, acai berry, and a pricey pro-biotic for digestive health. Now, not only do I not have to go to the store and individually buy all of these, BUT my Shakeology shows up on my door step each month…you can’t beat that.
The convenience of Shakeology is another main reason its a win win for me. This is not only one of my healthiest, nutrient dense meals of my day, but it is also my brainless meal of the day. It takes two minutes to make and I can have it on the go. This benefit is priceless in my opinion.
Another huge personal benefit of Shakeology to me is how it keeps me full and curbs cravings. You know that feeling around 3-4 p.m. when you start to lag and crave something sweet and you start raiding the pantry? This is when I make my daily shake and those evil thoughts of chocolate are satisfied.
So, how do you lose weight with Shakeology?
Lets be honest…working out for 30 minutes per day is the easy part…eating clean the rest of the day is the hardest part, and unfortunately most people don’t know where to start when it comes to the nutrition piece. By incorporating Shakeology as one meal per day it is taking the guess work out of it and provides an easy healthy option for people. I do truly believe that consistently drinking Shakeology has helped me get into the best shape of my life after having two babies and now helping me to maintain.
However, what I really like is the way that Beachbody markets Shakeology because it is NOT a magic potion that will make weight just melt off IF you do not combine it with exercise. Shakeology is dense in nutrients and vitamins that can aid in your weight loss but it is part of the equation.
If you replace Shakeology with one meal per day and exercise consistently you will see optimal results.
Can you lose weight without Shakeology? Yes, you absolutely can, but for me it’s my brainless meal that also curbs my cravings and keeps me on track. By having my chocolate shake each day I no longer want to have a chocolate binge at 3 p.m., haha. I’m satisfied and I know I won’t undo my whole day of hard work.
Another great benefit of Shakeology is that Beachbody has a 30 day money back guarantee and you will receive a full refund if you aren’t satisfied….but just for the record…I’ve been doing this for 7 months now and not one person has sent their shakes back because they weren’t happy with their results.
Have you been curious about what Shakeology can do for you in the past but never pulled the trigger? If you are interested in talking more about it and even possibly giving it a try, please comment below or contact me at loriwoodman@gmail.com so I can help answer all of your questions!
Lori

Click here for: Success Stories

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Pages